Account Security and Passwords
Keeping unauthorized users from accessing your account is the first and most basic step in protecting your personal information. Here are a few tips on creating a strong password:
- Make your password at least eight characters long.
- Try to include one or more numbers in your password, preferably in between letters.
- Vary between symbols, upper- and lower-case letters.
- Steer clear of common birth dates and names of family members, pets, sports teams, etc.
- It is not recommended to use the same password for every site or login.
HostingMillions Inc. does not require you to change your password(s) every six months, but encourages you to do so more frequently.
cPanel security features
- Virus Scanner powered by ClamAV™
- Password Protect Directories
- IP Deny Manager
- SSL/TLS Manager
- HotLink Protection
- Leech Protect
- GnuPG Keys
cpanel also comes with a built in password generator similar to roboform but unlike cPanel, Roboform can remember all of your passwords for you. I swear by it and have used it for years, making it worth the $29.95 for a lifetime license and HostingMillions Inc. recommended download. Try the FREE version today!